Coed 6’s Personnel Rules
1. All games are “Co-ed 6s” – Which means you may have up to six players on the court at one time.
2. You may have a maximum of 4 males on a court at one time and must always have a minimum of one female on the court.
3. There must be a minimum 4 players on the court at one time.
Example 1 - 3 male, 1 female
Example 2 - 2 male, 2 females
Example 3 – 1 male, 3 females
4. Your team will forfeit your match if less than 4 players are present for your team. You still may play an “exhibition match” but it will be an 0-3 loss for the understaffed team.
5. Games must start on-time if the minimum number of players are present.
1.Teams are allowed an unlimited number of substitutions per match.
2. Substitutions can be made at any time for any position.
3. Subs must be same gender subs (male for male & female for female)
4. There is no libero in coed sixes.
1.Team members must rotate on the court and remain in that position until the serve has been contacted.
2. The player in the back right-hand corner of the rotation will be designated to serve and continue to rotate clockwise.
3. There must be 3 people in the front row and 3 people in the back row at all time.
1. Teams must serve in order. If a team serves out of order than 1 point will be awarded to the opposing team.
2. Each member of a team shall rotate clockwise for service.
3. The server must hit the ball with both feet behind the end line.
4. The returning team may not spike/block a serve.
5. Let serves are legal – (Serves that hit the net and go over)
6. No player may serve twice in a row after the other team has sided out their first serve.
7. Serves are allowed one drop per serve.
8. There is no "Ghost" service rule and teams shall not lose a point for an understaffed team.
1. Touch the net, lose the point.
2. Attackers may cross the “net-line” with a follow through but may not touch the net.
3. Blockers may not reach over the net and contact the ball before the hitter has an opportunity to contact the ball unless any part of the ball is directly above the net plane.
4. Players may not cross the center line.
Additional Match Rules
1. Open hand serve-receive is allowed.
2. Each team is allowed a maximum of 3 touches before the ball must cross to the opposing side.
3. Touching a ball (other than a block) is considered a hit.
4. The block does not count as one of your 3 touches.
5. A ball is “in-play” until it touches the ground, hits an out of bounds object or goes onto another court.
6. Out of bounds objects are light poles, net poles
7. Players may play the ball on another court if their feet do not or touch and or enter another courts side or end line.
8. Two players touching a ball at the same time counts as one “hit” and either may return the next contact.
9. Don’t scoop, lift or throw the ball.
10. The ball can contact any part of your body and count as a hit but must only contact one part of your body or multiple parts simultaneously to be considered a legal contact.
11. Teams will switch sides after set 1. For the 3rd set, teams can rock/paper/scissors, etc. to see two takes serve/receive/side.
Each team is allotted 2, 1 minuet time out per game.
Each team will be allowed 3 minutes between games if they wish.