1. All games are “Female Quads” – Which means you may have up to four players on the court at one time. 2. You must have all females on the court.
3. There must be a minimum 2 players on the court at one time
4. Your team will forfeit your match if less than 2 players are present for your team.
5. Games must start on-time if the minimum number of players are present.
1.Teams are allowed an unlimited number of substitutions per match.
2. All substitutions will be made in the serving (right back) position, and the substitute will immediately become the server.
3. All substitutes must make one complete rotation before coming out.
4. A player late in arriving for a team of less than four can only rotate in when his/her team has the serve and must enter in the serving position.
5. There is no libero in female quads.
1.There is no overlap/rotation rule.
2. The server is not deemed back row and may spike or block.
1. Teams must serve in order. If a team serves out of order than 1 point will be awarded to the opposing team.
2. Each member of a team shall rotate clockwise for service.
3. The server must hit the ball with both feet behind the end line.
4. The returning team may not spike/block a serve.
5. Let serves are legal – (Serves that hit the net and go over)
6. No player may serve twice in a row after the other team has sided out their first serve.
7. Serves are allowed one drop per serve.
8. There is no "Ghost" service rule and teams shall not lose a point for an understaffed team.
1. Touch the net, lose the point.
2. Attackers may cross the “net-line” with a follow through but may not touch the net.
3. Blockers may not reach over the net and contact the ball before the hitter has an opportunity to contact the ball unless any part of the ball is directly above the net plane.
4. Players may not cross under the center line.
Additional Match Rules
1. Open hand serve-receive is allowed.
2. Each team is allowed a maximum of 3 touches before the ball must cross to the opposing side.
3. Touching a ball (other than a block) is considered a hit.
4. The block does not count as one of your 3 touches.
5. A ball is “in-play” until it touches the ground, hits an out of bounds object or goes onto another court. 6. Players may play the ball on another court if their feet do not or touch and or enter another courts side or end line.
7. Two players touching a ball at the same time counts as one “hit” and either may return the next contact.
8. Don’t scoop, lift or throw the ball.
9. The ball can contact any part of your body and count as a hit but must only contact one part of your body or multiple parts simultaneously to be considered a legal contact. 10. Teams will switch sides after set 1. For the 3rd set, teams can rock-paper-scissors, etc. to see two takes serve/receive/side.
10. Open hand tips over the net are not allowed on any contact.
11. Setting the ball over the net on any contact is not allowed.
12. The poles will act as the antenna. Anything inside the pool is deemed playable.
Time outs Each team is allotted 2, 1 minuet time out per game.
Between Sets Each team will be allowed 3 minutes between games if they wish.